Banana Boat® Baby Lotion Ultra Mist® Sunscreen SPF 50+ Spray.
Twist & lock.
Continuous spray sunscreen.
Skin Cancer Foundation.
Water resistant (80 minutes).
Clinically proven to be gentle.
Recommended as on effective UV sunscreen.
Swim – splash – play.
For easy protection from the sun, Banana Boat UltraMist Baby Tear-Free Lotion SPF 50 offers a tear-free, sting-free formula with continuous spray application for broad spectrum protection. The pediatrician-tested, hypoallergenic formula shields your baby’s delicate skin from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. The sunscreen to start with appears as a white lotion so you’ll be able to quickly see whether you’ve missed any areas. The convenient spray can features a twist-and-lock top, making it spill proof and portable.
Broad-Spectrum SPF 50 Protection
Whether you’re at the beach or taking your baby for a stroll, Banana Boat UltraMist Baby Tear-Free Lotion SPF 50 offers broad-spectrum protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. The sunscreen is water resistant for up to 80 minutes for fun out and in of the water. It’s pediatrician tested and really helpful by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Tear-Free, Sting-Free Lotion
UltraMist Baby Tear-Free Lotion may not irritate your baby’s eyes or sensitive skin. The sunscreen appears white upon application so it takes the guesswork out of making sure all areas of the skin are covered. The fragrance-free, hypoallergenic formula is suitable for the most delicate young skin.
Continuous Spray Can with Easy-Lock Feature
The sunscreen sprays steadily for fast, even coverage. The easy-grip spray can features a twist-and-lock top that may not leak so you’ll be able to toss it into your purse or beach bag to be used on the go.
Keep in mind that to apply sunscreen 20 to 30 minutes prior to out of doors activity, even on cloudy days. For babies under six months of age, you must consult your pediatrician prior to use.
What’s in the Box
Banana Boat UltraMist Baby Tear-Free Lotion SPF 50, 6 fluid ounces.
What is SPF?
The sun protection factor, or SPF, is a multiplier that tells you how much longer you’ll be able to stay in the sun than normal without burning your skin. If your baby can tolerate 10 minutes in the sun without a burn, an SPF of 50 will provide 50 times that length of time, or 500 minutes of protection without burning.
What are UVA and UVB rays?
Both UVA and UVB rays cause damage to your skin. UVA rays are the main cause of skin aging and wrinkling, even as UVB rays cause burning. Both contribute to the development of skin cancer. For the most productive protection, use a sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
It’s cloudy out of doors–why does my baby need sunscreen products?
UVA rays are present all over the year and can penetrate glass and clouds. They account for up to 95 percent of UV rays on the Earth’s surface. UVB rays vary by season, location, and time of day and are strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in April through October.
How frequently must I reapply?
For maximum protection, reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming, over the top sweating or towel drying. Banana Boat Baby Sunblock Tear-Free Lotion SPF 50 is water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
Why can’t I use an adult sunscreen on my baby?
Babies have more sensitive skin than adults. All Banana Boat products for babies and children are pediatrician tested and gentle on the skin.
Are there any other Banana Boat sunscreen products really helpful for kids?
Yes, Banana Boat Baby SPF 50 Sunscreen Stick is ideal for spot application around the ears, nose, and eyes.
1. No matter how old we are, we must protect our skin from the sun. Contemporary studies have shown that we get 25 percent of sun damage before we’re 18. Source: http://www.skincancer.org/sunscreens-explained.html
2. Apply sunscreen on your kids at least 20 to 30 minutes before they race outdoors, whether it’s a cloudy or a sunny day. Banana Boat UltraMist Kids Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunscreen Continuous Lotion Spray is a fast and convenient way to get them covered before they slip away.
3. Remember to reapply sunscreen ceaselessly, at least every two hours, and more frequently if children are dipping out and in of the pool, ocean or lake-or running through the sprinkler.
4. Little ones, especially babies, transform dehydrated more easily than adults. When out of doors with the family, At all times have extra drinking water on hand.
5. Needless to say children imitate their parents. If they see you putting on sunscreen, they’re more likely to cooperate when it’s their turn.
6. Make sunscreen application part of the daily routine. That way you’re likely to encounter fewer struggles, and you can be teaching your kids a life-long healthy habit.
7. If your child falls asleep right through that lunchtime picnic or even as out on the beach, apply one or more of the following protection solutions. First, spray them with an easy-to-use sunscreen like Banana Boat UltraMist Kids Tear-Free Sting Free Sunscreen Continuous Lotion Spray. Then, either provide them with some shade, which offers 50% protection from the sun, carry them inside, or cover them up.
8. Sun protection will also be easy with Banana Boat Sunscreen Kids Stick SPF 30, which is great for covering those vulnerable spots like ears, nose and under-eye area.
9. At all times use products designed specifically for the sensitive skin of babies and kids. The Banana Boat brand babies and kids line are all pediatrician-tested, most are as mild as water, and some are Tear-Free.
10. Teach your children that the sun is to be celebrated and respected all year round! By taking a couple of simple precautions right through every season, they may be able to enjoy a lifetime of magnificent rays.
Pack of 3, 6-ounces
Provides fast and even protection
Pediatrician-tested and clinically-tested
This item is not for sale in Catalina Island